Thursday, April 19, 2007

The HOTTEST thing in town...

So I had to go home today for a positively de-light-ful dentistry experience that involved digging holes in my gums, but before the reclining chair accompanied by sharp objects, there was...

CHINA STAR! Laurens's brand-new and wonderfully not sketchy Chinese restaurant.

Now you have to understand that previously Laurens had maybe 7 restaurants total, only one of which you would venture to take a guest to (the new-last-year Mexican restaurant), and the rest of which only true Laurens-ites dare to patronize. But then came China Star...

There is a buffet, complete with sneeze guards! And blue walls! And booths with the stuffing still in! And a soft-serve ice cream machine!

Needless to say, I ate a LOT.

What I am most confused by though is that there are apparently Asians in Laurens. I think lunch today was the first time I had encountered a person of Eastern descent in my alternately redneck/ghetto hometown. Although unlike most ethnic-food establishments, the China Star hires a wide variety of skin colors; I counted at least one each of Asian, Hispanic, and Pale. Quite PC of them.

And as a side note, Chinese donuts = sugary coated goodness.

No comments: