Friday, September 22, 2006

from Bath, on the next to last day of Tour

Well, another speeding bus hit our speeding bus today. It was bound to happen. And by "hit," I mean "the side mirror of the other bus scraped against the window of our bus," but it did cause no small amount of screams from the girls next to the affected window.

We did at any rate successfully arrive at our final "on tour" destination: Bath, England. At a Holiday Inn Express, specifically.

The most exciting part of the day was, of course, getting our extra luggage! When we arrived at the airport, we sent one of our suitcases away to meet us later so that we wouldn't have to deal with it all on the tour (genius, since I was struggling a bit as it is), and so now we all have a whole suitcase full of clean clothes! Mine isn't doing me so much good though because it mostly contains sweaters, and in one of God's more humorous moments, it has been rather warm here lately.

At any rate, after Edinburgh we went to York, then Wednesday we went from York to Cambridge, then on Thursday from Cambridge to Oxford, where I bought 3 Oxford University t-shirts! I immediately changed into one because it was hot, yes, hot, in late September England.

I did finally catch the cold that's been going around the bus, but have no fear, it's not too bad. I picked it up Wednesday, so I'm hoping it's not going to get too miserable.

So it is after midnight here and I've got a bit more to do before bed, so I'm going to leave you now. But hopefully tomorrow I will post further and perhaps even add pictures (if the firewall doesn't prevent it)!

Cheers from Bath!

No comments: