Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday randomness.

Point foremost in my mind: Gilmore Girls should never have been made. I realize that this is a point of contention between myself and nearly every female I know, but really, it's hideous. I blame the writers and the people who came up with the thing in general. I realize that in my previous post I claimed to be an idealist, but the relationship between the mother and daughter in this show is far too ideal. I have a great relationship with my mom, but the fictionalized pair make us look like... I don't know, I can't even think of a comparison negative enough.

Meanwhile, my birthday was Tuesday, and as a consequence of this I have acquired LAMBIE SLIPPERS!!!!!!! They are fluffy and adorable.

Today my seminar English class ate at Greenville's latest greatest downtown restaurant: Handi Indian Cuisine. I got entirely addicted to Indian food while I was in England last year, and Handi is the closest approximation to authentic British Indian food I have so far found in America. The food and the service are both appallingly good, and now I have to save up to eat there once a week. Sorry Furman University; no more parking ticket fines going to you!

Meanwhile, if anyone has any favorite very short stories appropriate for reading aloud to ninth-graders, let me know. I'm lesson planning and you'd be amazed how difficult it is to find intelligent literary short stories whose plot does not entirely depend on sex and/or alcohol. I suspect this is due to the fact that most good authors depend on sex and/or alcohol to write. That's probably one of the qualifications for canonization.

I'm going out with friends tonight to celebrate my birthday; we're going to Molina's, a pretty classy (by Laurens standards) Mexican restaurant in TR. Should be exciting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.http://sbtvd.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

[url=http://MirSkidok.ru/maldivy/]сколько стоит путевка на мальдивы[/url]
[url=http://MirSkidok.ru/tailand/]горящие туры в тайланд[/url]


Компания MirSkidok.ru работает в сфере услуг уже более десяти лет, проложив совсем новый путь к решению такого важного вопроса, как организация отдыха. В MirSkidok.ru работает команда специалистов высокого класса, имеющие большой опыт в туристической сфере.
Основные принципы работы MirSkidok.ru состоят в индивидуальном подходе, участливом отношении к каждому клиенту, предоставляя качественные услуги по более доступным ценам. Во всех офисах MirSkidok.ru общая база предложений, которая всегда обновляется, соответственно цены во всей сети одинаковые. Чтобы стать покупателем лучшего тура по наиболее выгодной цене, достаточно знать, где расположен ближайший офис MirSkidok.ru.
В концепцию развития бренда входит ограниченное число поставщиков туристических услуг, чтобы качество и уровень обслуживания оставался постоянно на высоком уровне. Компания является профессиональной сетью туристических агентств, которые специализируется не только на одних «горящих» турах, путевках со скидками и бонусами на ближайшие выходные или праздничные дни, но также и на поездках с ранним бронированием.
Число клиентов MirSkidok.ru неумолимо увеличивается с каждым днем. В планах Мира скидок - активно расширять сеть по всей России, внедрять следующие проекты для наиболее комфортабельного отдыха клиентов.

[url=http://MirSkidok.ru/biblio-globus]библио глобус[/url]
[url=http://MirSkidok.ru/turciya/]турция из санкт петербурга[/url]