Friday, March 30, 2007

Why I love Roommate Jenn

This is how the practical joke went:

Last night Jenn and I were innocently standing in the kitchen about to make some cookies. We open the oven to discover, lo and behold, there is a piece of foil with large piles of sweet potato drippings on it from where Roommate Aubrie had baked sweet potatoes earlier in the week. Now we were just going to throw the things away mind you, when Jenn had the audacity to observe that these particular drippings were abnormally formed in the exact shape of... poop.

What came next was inevitable. We went through all the different people we could try to fool with our sweet potato poo, but eventually settled on Roommate Laura, as joking her did not involve much effort or walking on our part.

So the sweet potato poo made its way to the vanity area of mine and Laura's bathroom, piled itself into a distinctively poo-like pile, and awaited its prey. It took Laura quite a while to notice our little gift, but when she did, this is what happened:

Laura: Um, WHAT IS THIS IN OUR BATHROOM??????
Kristen and Jenn: What are you talking about?
(All travel to bathroom to observe sweet potato poo pile.)
Kristen and Jenn: We don't know.
Laura: Obviously, there is an animal loose in our apartment.
(Laura proceeds to hunt for said animal in various closets and under my bed.)

15 minutes of hunting later...
Kristen and Jenn: We should clean this up.
(Kristen and Jenn pick up supposed poo with hands.)
Laura: I KNEW IT YOU'RE HORRIBLE I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU BOTH!!!
Kristen: It was all Jenn's idea, I swear!!!

(Laura grabs pillow and beats Kristen and Jenn violently--so violently in fact that it left red welts on my arm.)

All in all, a fun evening. Now to await the promised retaliation--eyes and ears alert!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my roommate Kristen :)


~Jenn

Anonymous said...

haha "It's a great trick!"
:)
Cheers for my future apartment-mates!

Lauren