Thursday, November 30, 2006

freezing rainy Glasgow

Let me describe today's weather in Glasgow, Scotland:

Imagine waking up to a flat gray sky that looks rather like God has spread a bleak depressing tablecloth over the world. It is cold, very very cold, as though this tablecloth is insulated and keeping all the Sun's heat out. Now add some rain to this, cold rain, at times misty, at times heavy pellets. Finally, an extreme wind, the umbrella-breaking, phone booth-shaking kind.

Is it hard to see why I barely went outside today?

I'm not all that keen on Glasgow, where we arrived Tuesday, from Paris. There doesn't seem to be that much to do, but I'm sure things would be a lot more lively if anyone could motivate themselves to go outdoors. An abundance of good cheap food though. We are staying in a hostel that's really just a hotel where you have to make your own bed. But hey, there's free internet!

I know there are huge gaps in this blog, but I promise to fill it in as much as possible when I get home. For now, just know that I'm alive and still enjoying myself, but also am anticipating being somewhere warmer and more like home. I fly out of London Sunday morning and arrive in Atlanta Sunday afternoon sometime. It's a 9.5 hour flight, oh goody! I'll have to buy another book to make it through.

Tomorrow we go back to London, collect our luggage stored there, and Saturday we run around trying to do all the things we didn't get around to during the six weeks we were there before. I can't believe it's coming to an end. In a way it feels like I've been here forever, and in a way it feels like it's been only a few days.

Well, I should go try to put this suitcase together again. I'm amazed it's survived, with all the stairs I've been dragging it up and down, literally, because it's usually too heavy for me to carry comfortably. Hope everyone had a good Turkey day last week (Chandler and I had a 4-course French meal in Paris), and I will see you all again very soon now!!!!!!!!!!!

Countdown: 2 days. Wow.

No comments: