Sunday, October 01, 2006

laying on my bed because i ate SOOOO much

Let me introduce you to Kristen in a Curry-Induced Stupor. Seriously, we had dinner at 6:00, and I ate a plate and a half of curry chicken and rice, a significant amount of nan (indian bread) and a slice of chocolate tart (again, read: pie) and now I might die. Conveniently I have noted that the emergency number here is 999, not 911, and have warned my roommate Wink of this, so when my intestines explode in the middle of the night, she'll know what to do. I'm not even kidding, I had to pause halfway up the stairs because I couldn't make it the whole way.

We saw King Henry VI, part 1 Saturday morning, and it was very well put together, very balanced as far as language, visual interest, and sound. A stunning performance, although it was a strict interpretation. Hopefully I will be able to get tickets to see PATRICK STEWART in THE TEMPEST again tomorrow night, but we'll have to see if I am able to beat up the rest of the people in line to make it to the front.

I literally slept over half the day away. I went bed at maybe 12:30-ish last night, got up at 10:30, ate breakfast, went back to bed at 11:30, and got up at 3:45 pm. And I'm ready to go to sleep again. Is that a bad sign?

We had a horrible storm this morning, which is part of the reason I slept so much. It was like, a severe Carolina storm, which I think is unusual for England. So it was nice to not have to go anywhere and be able to stay in bed and, um, SLEEP.

So basically nothing interesting to say today, I just felt like updating. Tomorrow we go to Blenheim Palace and spend the rest of the day in Oxford just doing whatever. Then Tuesday begins the crazy 4 plays in 3 days rush. It's crazy that a week from now I'll be in London.

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend!

No comments: